Do you want to eliminate aging and make your skin glowing? Then include this bright red color of Beetroot in your diet.
Also known as ‘beets,’ these are versatile vegetables rich in essential nutrients and are the powerhouse of protein, fiber, and vitamin C, to name a few.
Beetroot for skin has dozens of health benefits, and this superfood plays a vital role in getting rid of Dark circles to prevent hair loss.
The benefits of Beetroot for skin are numerous, so we took upon a mission to get acquainted with this nutrient powerhouse of skin to give you the skin of your dreams. So let us get the benefits of Beetroot for skin in this article.
Beetroot for Skin: The Fundamentals
These bright-colored tubers are not only healthy, but they are tasty and juicy too. It is rich in vitamin C and allantoin which fights off acne, blemishes, dark spots, etc. It sloughs off dead cells making your skin look glowing.
The medical name of Beetroot is Beta vulgaris, which is rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. This ingredient in your kitchen has locked up the beauty and health secrets that support good health.
Benefits of Beetroot for Skin
Does Beetroot offer benefits for your skin?
Yes, studies show it has beneficial properties on skin cells. The Beetroot benefits include it keeps wrinkles at bay, aiding with glowing skin, and helping to fight skin pigmentation. It helps with bright lips and gives a pink complexion to the skin.
Moreover, Beetroot for skin hydrates dry skin and lightens dark circles.
- Beetroot has anti-inflammatory properties due to its rich vitamin C which helps in treating acne. The benefits of Beetroot for the skin are essential for the healthy functioning of the body. The antioxidant present in this universal vegetable revives dull skin and repairs the skin.
- The benefits Beetroot juice for the skin is a wonderful detox drink that helps to flush out the toxin from the body. It exfoliates the skin to reveal bright-looking skin. It is a high-fiber food that includes amino acid which helps to lower blood pressure and minimize your risk of inflammation.
- The benefits of Beetroot juice for hair work as an impressive conditioner are due to the presence of loaded minerals and vitamins in it. It helps in hair strengthening and prevents hair loss and damage.
- Beetroot is high in electrolytes, iron, and potassium. That helps in repairing limp and lifeless hair and reduces the chances of breakage. In short, Beetroot is good for hair as it provides all essential minerals and nutrients required to tackle hair loss and damage.
Keep yourself hydrated besides food because your skin’s fair glow matters on the level of hydration in your body.
Guzzle down at least eight glasses of water daily to flush out the toxins from the body.
Moreover, enrich your diet with vegetables and fruits with high water content because these are the much-needed vitamin and minerals to help you get glowing fair skin.
How to use Beetroot for the Face and Lips Effectively?
Beetroot for the face has effective benefits which provide acne and pimple-free skin. It enhances the skin’s complexion and combats the early signs of aging. Some of the other benefits of Beetroot for the face include
- Reducing Tan
One of the common causes of skin is skin pigmentation which can leave your skin dull. Moreover, skin pigmentation makes the skin tan that’s why you can reduce it with the aid of Beetroot. Since it contains vitamin C to decrease melanin formation.
1. Mix a teaspoon of Beetroot juice and one tablespoon of sour cream.
2. Apply it on the affected area of the face, let it dry out for 15-20 minutes, and wash it off using lukewarm water.
3. Do this two times per week to get immediate results.
- Make Skin Supple and Smooth Skin
Is Beetroot good for the skin?
Yes, of course beets are an excellent antioxidant that contains anti-aging properties. It is rich in iron and carotenoids which makes the skin supple and smooth. It revives the damaged cells from within, thereby giving you an instant glow to dull skin.
- Take equal parts of fresh Beetroot juice and lemon juice.
- Dab this mixture on your face the night before you hit the bed.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes after application.
- Repeat this process to see a visible change in your skin tone.
- Lightens the Skin
The benefits of drinking Beetroot juice for skin results in glowing skin. It lowers blood pressure, prevents oxidative stress, etc. Beetroot is a blood purifier that drains off all toxins from your body. The presence of vitamin C helps to reduce melanin formation thus resulting in a glowing complexion.
- Apply Beetroot extract on the face to clear dead skin cells from the face and give you rosy cheeks.
- You can also drink a glass of Beetroot juice every morning to eliminate the toxins, leaving you with healthy and radiant skin.
How to make Beetroot Juice at Home?
There are many uses of Beetroot juice.
Beetroot juice is a natural detoxifier that boosts the immune system, supports liver health, lowers blood pressure, increases stamina, etc. Here are steps to make beetroot juice at home.
- First, wash the Beets well and chop them into medium size pieces.
- To extract the beetroot juice, put the chopped pieces in the blender or mixer. Blend it at high-speed.
- Mix the beets till the color turns red. After that remove the juice from the blender.
- Then strain the juice using a strainer, removing the pulp.
- Now the juice is ready to drink.
- Although Beetroot is naturally rich in sugar, you can also mix them with other fruits or vegetables to help you balance the nutritional value.
The Bottom Line
The benefits of eating Beetroot for the skin are many. So reap the advantages by incorporating beets into your diet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the disadvantages of beetroot?
Beetroots are rich in essential nutrients and powerhouse of vitamins. But excess consumption can cause adverse consequences such as developing gallstones or kidney stones.
Who should avoid beetroot?
People with gallstones and kidney problems must avoid beetroot or beetroot juice.
Can we apply beetroot on our faces daily?
Yes, you can apply beetroot on your face daily. Due to the presence of minerals and vitamins, it makes an effective yet gentle skincare ingredient.
Can beetroot remove dark spots?
Yes, as beetroots are packed with antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. It can help in attaining spotless and clear skin by removing dark spots. Therefore beetroot juice for skin is quite potent in removing dark spots.
Does boiling beetroot lose nutrients?
Raw beets contain more vitamins and minerals than cooked beets. But one has to make sure they boil it for lesser minutes, not for a longer period. Because beetroots leach out the food and its colorful phytonutrients when it is cooked for a longer time in the water.
Can we apply beetroot juice on your face overnight?
Beetroot does wonders to your skin and hair. Although you can apply beetroot juice overnight, it’s recommended to wash it off after 15 minutes of application.