What is Multani Mitti?
Skincare is an age-old process that requires natural ways to get the majestic glow. In this regard, using Multani mitti is the ultimate choice as it has natural essence to beautify your healthy skin. However, there can be side effects of Multani mitti if not used correctly.
As a skin-friendly product, it is high in minerals and moisturizing effects, giving desired beauty.
It is made of magnesium chloride, aluminium silicates, and calcium bentonite. The best thing about Multani Mitti, when mixed with rose water is that it accompanies herbal properties for treating different skin ailments, which are not limited to skin types, be it normal skin, dry skin, oily skin or sensitive skin.
Origin of Multani Mitti
Multani mitti is a top-rated skincare product belonging to Multan in Pakistan.
Also called Fuller’s Earth, it is available in different colors like green and brown. The best part of using Multani Mitti is that it decolorizes the effect of oil or chemical treatments on your skin.
The product is recommended once or twice a week to get softer skin and remove dead skin cells. Depending on your skin type, you can also check with your dermatologist about the usage of Multani Mitti daily.
Chemical Composition of Multani Mitti
Taking note of the chemical composition, Multani Mitti consists of:
- Magnesium chloride
- Moisturized aluminum silicates
- Calcium bentonite
- Bentonite clay
The goodness of Multani Mitti does not stop here, as it contains anti-acne properties and is antimicrobial. Stating its advantageous nature, it exhibits astringent and radiant skin properties. Of course, you must mix Multani Mitti with the water to form a smooth paste and apply it to your face or neck.
Side Effects of Multani Mitti
As known to all, Multani Mitti is an herb that acts differently on everyone’s skin. Still, its natural characteristics are effective enough to make your journey from dull skin to beautiful & supple skin.
However, there can be adverse reactions for some individuals to Multani mitti.
Consult before with your dermatologist for skin problems in case you already have to ensure that it does not create any skin infections later.
- People on medication or applying ointments as a treatment should discuss this with their doctors. The reason is that cross-interaction of Multani mitti with a few other drugs or creams might lead to skin problems and inflammation.
- The side effects of Multani mitti for hair include flaking of scalp skin and dry hair on being used regularly.
- People with hypersensitive skin or broken skin may get burning sensations with it.
- Long-term use of Multani mitti may lead to dehydration due to its absorption capabilities which draw out moisture from the body’s cells and tissues
Benefits of Using Multani Mitti
- Taking note of the Multani Mitti benefits, it is effective in toning your skin. This means you can slow down the signs of aging, such as loose skin, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and fine lines. Of course, no one wants to look old at a young age, and Multani Mitti is meant to do wonders for your skin.
- Besides this, Multani Mitti is highly effective in increasing skin elasticity and provides a cooling effect because of its qualitative nature. So, this makes it necessary for skincare professionals or people to use Multani Mitti in the summers for excellent effect.
- Another Multani mitti benefit for the skin is that it has been considered an essential home remedy for acne, pimples, and skin marks. The best aspect of using Multani Mitti is applying it daily to keep your skin healthy.
- Infused with absorbent effects, it effectively eliminates excess oil from the skin to stop the growth of pimples. This tends to give a cleansing effect and enables the Multani Mitti to remove polluted particles attached to the skin.
- It consists of antimicrobial properties, which keep bacteria and microorganisms away from your skin. Moreover, you can apply Multani Mitti on wounds as it acts as a bandage and prevents infection. Indeed, its cooling effects are significant enough to have a soothing effect on your skin. So it is always better to opt for Multani Mittti.
- It can also improve skin texture by removing dead skin cells and promoting new cell growth.
How to apply Multani Mitti on the Face Safely?
Multani Mitti is one of the most liked and preferred ways of maintaining the glow of your skin.
Thinking about how to use Multani mitti?
Of course, you need to check with varied forms of applications and use them safely on your face for great results.
- You can mix Multani mitti with water, make a smooth paste, and apply it evenly on your face. Later, after complete drying, you can wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Besides just water, you can mix mitti with milk to form a smooth paste and apply it over the face and neck. Wash with lukewarm water afterward.
- Another way to apply Multani mitti is to mix it with glycerine and make a smooth paste. The best part of using glycerine is instantly getting a natural glow.
- Everyone knows that rose water has the goddess of the scented flower that works well in enhancing the beauty of your skin. So, you can mix Multani mitti with drops of rose water for an instant glow.
- Yet another usage of Multani mitti is making a paste by adding lemon juice and honey. The goodness of lemon will brighten your skin, and honey will make it softer. It is like a 3-way skin treatment that can be applied safely on your face. The use of aloe vera gel can be more useful afterwards.
The Bottom Line
Multani mitti has health benefits and is an essential part of beauty products that have enabled people to get glowing skin.
Certainly, you can use it in conjunction with other herbal products to increase its natural properties. Multani mitti is used to get radiant & hydrated skin, avert acne problems, and ensure a beautiful face. Its medicinal properties are excellent enough to be one of the most important ingredients in various beauty products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use Multani Mitti every day?
Yes, Multani Mitti can be used daily. All you have to do is ensure that it suits your skin type. In this regard, taking suggestions from a dermatologist will be beneficial.
Can Multani Mitti remove tan?
Yes, Multani Mitti effectively uses tan, pigmentation, dark circles, and oil residuals. Indeed, it is an ideal beauty product for oily skin. In this regard, you can mix milk with Multani Mitti to form a paste and apply it to your face. Let the paste dry off and wash it with normal water.
Does Multani Mitti remove acne?
Yes, the natural essence of Multani Mitti for acne is effective enough to remove them and skin blemishes. Just make a paste of Multani Mitti with water and add lemon juice. Furthermore, apply the pack to the acne and let it dry. Later, wash the dried pack with water.
Does Multani Mitti whiten skin?
Multani Mitti is considered effective in improving skin tone. Its bleaching effect reduces dark spots, pigmentation, and blemishes. Additionally, products containing Multani Mitti as an ingredient effectively enhance the complexion.
Is Multani Mitti good for oily skin?
Yes, Multani Mitti is good for oily skin as it contains moisturizing effects. It has medicinal properties, which reduce oiliness and lends glowy skin. As the oil content in your skin reduces, there are chances that pimples might not appear.
Does Multani Mitti expire?
Certainly, the raw Multani Mitti does not expire. But, the ones available in commercialized packs should be checked for the manufacturing and expiry dates. By doing so, you can prevent the occurrence of any side effects.